ODESSA NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
The institution started in 1900 as the medical faculty of the Novorossiyskiy State University in Odessa. The medical faculty soon became one of the most prestigious medical faculties in the Russian Empire. Many famous medical scientists, including Nobel laureate and professor I. I. Mechnikov, worked here. It’s recognized by MCI (Medical Council of India), WHO (World Health Organization), IAOU (International Association of Universities, EUA (European University Association).
Over the years of independent Ukraine, the university has turned into one of the leading medical universities of the IV level of accreditation. It is a member of the International and European Association of Universities. Due to this, the level of training of students and specialists is close to world standards. Today, about 10 thousand students and trainees study at six faculties and 66 departments of the university, 3000 of them are citizens of 52 foreign countries. The teaching of foreign students is carried out in Russian, Ukrainian, and English. Postgraduate education is provided for 250 postgraduate students, trainees, masters and medical residents.
Educational process in the Centre based on providing conditions that help to perform diagnostic and treatment procedures on simulators with instructors or mentors. There are different types of simulation trainings, depend on participants category, topic and goals:.
• Simulation-based training with high fidelity manikins
• Basic medical practice
• Virtual reality simulation
• Virtual operating room can provide training for 12 trainees at the same time.
• Interdisciplinary training
• Psychological consulting and management
- Departments of general and humanitarian disciplines
- Departments of medical and biological specialization
- Departments of medical and prophylactic specialization
- Departments of therapeutic specialization
- Anesthesiology and Intensive Therapy
- Departments of surgical specialization
- Departments of pediatric specialization
- Departments of dental specialization
- Departments of pharmaceutical specialization