MBBS IN RUSSIA
MBBS in Russia
Russia has been popular destination for International students for pursuing MBBS right from Soviet Era. Russia boasts about occupying almost 30 positions amongst top 100 ranking Medical Universities according to the World Health Organization (WHO)’s “Directory of World Medical Schools”. Pass-outs from Russian Medical Universities are presently working in the leading Hospitals across the globe. MBBS from Russia is a preferred choice for International students because of highly subsidized fee by Russian Ministry of Health & Education as compared to other western countries. High Quality of Education combined with this low cost is one of the main reasons for choosing top medical universities of Russia for MBBS. There are almost 57 medical universities in Russia. The student to teacher ratio is 7:1 in all Russian Medical Universities. About 12 of these universities provide MBBS in English Medium.
Advantages of MBBS in Russia
- Globally recognized degrees.
- Feasible Cost for Education.
- Affordable Cost of Living.
- Medical Insurance.
- Advanced learning techniques.
- Skilled & Profession Faculty.
- Teacher Ratio.
- English as the medium of instruction.
- Good Practical Exposure.
- No Racism & Religious Issues .
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Russia
- The student shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The candidate must secure 50% marks in their 12th standard from Science stream (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in CBSE / ISC or any other Equivalent Board of Examination.
- From 2018 onwards, qualifying NEET examination is mandatory for studying MBBS abroad.
Documents required for MBBS in Russia
- Original valid passport with minimum validity of 01 years.
- For obtaining Russia Visa each passport should have Minimum 02 opposite side BLANK pages.
- Embassy will not entertain any damage passport.
- Last Qualification details with School certificate or Mark sheet copy which shows school name and address with Contact no.
- Invitation Letter (require colour printout of invitation)
- HIV test report with (Passport no., DOB, Stamp & signature)
- Two Photographs as per below details:
- 03 Colour photographs with white background matte finish 80% face.
- 35 X 45mm (Please do not trim your photographs).
- No selfie/ scan photo/ No border /Frame.
- Full face / front view eyes open.
- No head covering (except for religion reason.
- Eye glasses may be worn, but there must not be any glare.
- One Photo with back signed. (FULL NAME).
Recognition of Russian Medical Universities
- Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Medical Council of Canada (MCC).
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russia.
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS).
- Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER).
- Medical Licensing Examinations.
- The United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).
Medical Study in Russia is very easy for a normal student because any student from all over the globe can take direct MBBS Admission without any entrance exam. MBBS fee in Russia is very low because the Russian Government provides subsidy for education. Average MBBS fee in Russia is between 2.5 Lacs to 5 Lacs per year. All Russian Medical Universities are listed in WHO and MCI so a student who gets an MBBS degree from Russia can practice anywhere in the world including India. Students from all over the globe go to Russia for MBBS study and all medical universities provide quality medical education and practical knowledge. Students get fully furnished hostel facility inside the university campus with fresh and quality food. MBBS students can get scholarship also if they fulfill the scholarship criteria. All MBBS students in Russia get Medical Insurance for all courses and get full medical treatment when they need. Students get training for MCI screening test during the medical course and professors are well aware about the MCI screening test. Medical courses are taught in English and Russian languages, MBBS students also get training to learn Russian Language because by learning Russian language a student can communicate with patients in the hospital during the time of medical practice.
Even though the medical education is English in some universities, majority of the population in Russia don’t speak Russian language. Hence you would have to learn the Russian language.
One of the biggest factors that are responsible for the popularity of studying MBBS in Russia among Indians is its cost for Medical education. Russia will give you the facility of a good medical education at low fee structure. Unlike the private medical colleges in India, the student can study MBBS in Russia for a cost as low as 2.5-3 Lakh per year which is a great return on investment.
Affordable Cost of Living-
As an Indian student or parent, you are always concerned with the accommodation & dining facilities at the University. Living in Russia is quite affordable for the Indian students and never weighs big on your pocket. Their currency Rubles is similar to Indian Rupees.
1 Rubles = 0.99 Rupees
In general, the climate of Russia can be described as highly continental influenced climate with warm to hot dry summers and (very) cold winters with temperatures of -30°C and lower and sometimes heavy snowfall. The winter is mostly dry, snow covers the ground from end October to mid march in some years.